Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Michelle


Liu Tian, who uses the English name Michelle, is from central Beijing. Her father's job has been to evict people from their old and sometimes rundown Beijing homes and convince them to move to new housing further away. I met with Michelle's parents in their home in Beijing in late June. Her mother presented me with some lovely momentos of China to take home with me. Michelle is a member of the Communist Party, she joined in high school and feels it is quite an honor. I will try to post some photos of my visit with her family in the near future.
Michelle was a child-actress, starring in a very popular children's show called 'Little Dragon'. I did not know this until the semester was nearly over. You can see some of her programs on the Chinese version of YouTube. Maybe she will add a link here.....

No comments: